New Cellular Evolution Theory Rejects Darwinian Assumptions: "Cellular evolution, he argues, began in a communal environment in which the loosely organized cells took shape through extensive horizontal gene transfer. Such a transfer previously had been recognized as having a minor role in evolution, but the arrival of microbial genomics, Woese says, is shedding a more accurate light. Horizontal gene transfer, he argues, has the capacity to rework entire genomes. With simple primitive entities this process can 'completely erase an organismal genealogical trace.' "
- Return HOME
- â« A â« B â« C â« D â« E â« F â« G â« H â« I â« J â« K â« L â« M â« N â« O â« P â« Q â« R â« S â« T â« U â« V â« W â« X â« Y â« Z â« animations â« diagrams â« images â« micrographs â« tables â« sem/tem â« videos â«
- comments anyone?
- Ç MECHANISMS OF, AND BARRIERS TO, HORIZONTAL GENE TR...
- Ç A molecular timeline for the origin of photosynthe...
- Ç Evidence for the establishment of aphid-eubacteriu...
- Ç A secondary symbiosis in progress?
- Ç Gene switching in Amoeba proteus caused by endosym...
- Ç Evolution of flagella
- Ç Shaping the mitochondrial proteome.
- Ç The apicoplast: a review of the derived plastid of...
- Ç Diatom genomics: genetic acquisitions and mergers....
- Ç Possible evolutionary significance of spirochaetes...
- â¦ A â¦ B â¦ C â¦ D â¦ E â¦ F â¦ G â¦ H â¦ I â¦ J â¦ K â¦ L â¦ M â¦ N â¦ O â¦ P â¦ Q â¦ R â¦ S â¦ T â¦ U â¦ V â¦ W â¦ X â¦ Y â¦ Z â¦ animation index â¦ diagram index â¦ image index â¦ micrograph index â¦ table index â¦ sem/tem index â¦ video index â¦
- â¢ â¢ SITE MAP
- comments anyone?
Glossary Alphabetic Sections
Glossary Alphabetic Items
When visiting an item, the site title changes to purple â click on the title or âHomeâ to return to the main page. Most images will enlarge with a click.
This site is under construction. All mistakes are mine, and so must the remedies be...if you don't choose to edify me.
Site for educational purposes only. All posted images created by site author - all rights reserved.
- Abiogenesis & Evolution
- Algorithms of Evolution
- Cell Biology
- Chemistry of Life
- Evo Devo
- Mechanisms of Evolution
- Molecular Biology
- Origin of Life
- Refuting ID
- Serial Endosymbiosis
- Stem & Progenitor
- Taxonomy Phylogeny